Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 88 sami, carb is toast, and i scoured all the local yards for replacements, dont have any carbs from 85-87 sprint, firefly,metro etc.etc. i still have the original suzuki intake manifold on and would like to keep it, does anyone know of any alternative carb to fix my problem besides the sprint,geo,firefly carb set up that i can find in a wrecker,ie on the cheap. any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused::confused:
cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weber 32/36 kit is good direct swap replacement. Though not the cheapest route, cheaper than a new stock carb replacement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Carbs for Samurai's are hard to find. I replaced mine with a WEBER 32/36 DGEV and quite honestly I would not recommend it. It has float flutter problems which make the engine either starve or flood. I have tried all the supposed fixes for it, but it still is not quite what I want. It runs like a scalded dog on the highway or smooth roads, but once in the rough stuff it is still faltering some and I am not happy with it. Actually I am waiting on a return number to send it back to Weber. One of the WEBER reps said they make another carb , the IDF which is supposed to stop that, BUT said it is considerable higher in price for my 87 Samurai. I will be going to the salvage lot and searching for a carb that I think will do the job, and if it needs an adapter I will make my own. I will have a steel company that has cutting capabilities cut the steel for the adapter and a machine shop drill and thread the needed holes.

I built my Samurai for off road in desert and mountain trails and if it don't perform top choice there it is pretty much useless to me. Hope you get it worked out, but I have measured an old 318 Chrysler manifold that had a two barrel on it and the carb points are not that much different, still will need an adapter, but should be simple to design.

Happy Four Wheeling. :cool::)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seen a propane conversion for sami, but pretty pricey and the whole throttle body wiring seems like a nightmare, how about honda or hyundai carbs????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts