Suzuki Forums banner

lost headlights??

7K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  SUPERCARS 
#1 ·
I have owned this Kizashi for 18 months and 38k miles. Wife went to leave for work as usual (5am) and has no low beam headlights, high works fine. Checked all fuses, taking it to dealer tommorow (out of basic warranty) 3yr/36kmiles. Any help or info. THX

#5 ·
I am out of town. So wife picks up car, dealership says it blew both bulbs! Kind of weird that bulbs blew at same time?? They covered it all with no charge. But heres my new kicker, wife comes to dealership to pick car up and there is a large scratch now on hood of car. She goes into service guy and shows him, dealership says they did not do it and wont take care of it. My wife is upset and clueless on what to do. I told here to call and ask for general manager. SOOOO now we will see what happens. Car is black so scratch shows very well.:rolleyes:

#7 ·
Sorry, I have been away from FORUM for a while. Not good, since my last post Sep 2011 we have been back to the dealer 3 more times for headlight bulb replacement!! This is a weird one, like clock work, every 4 months a left low bulb burns out and then 4 months later a right low bulb burns out. REPEAT AGAIN! I go to make apointment for 5th time now, dealership went out of buisness!! I now make an apointment for closest dealer (50min. away)!
I call dealership and make an apointment and expain issue. They call me and tell me its out of warranty and $240. job by there flat rate book,not Suz. flat rate. I call Suz. and get a three way call with service writer. They (SUZ.) will cover replacement of bulb but are not doing any diagnoses to issue. I picked up car from dealership with no charge. (They replaced both)
Not really happy, no problem has been fixed, just replacement of bulbs. This would not be a big deal, but when you have to take bumper cover off it is!! I have reciepts of all work that has been done, next time I am going for lemon law! Dont no what else to do???

#12 ·
light bulb issue

I own a 2010 Kizashi and have replaced way too many bulbs to count. On a recent trip 12 hours away both my low beams blew at the same time.Suzuki is aware of the issue but will do nothing. I have tried different brands of bulbs but no luck. 2 friends own the same car and have same issues. Thinking of switching to a conversion kit for LED but not sure its worth the hassle.

#13 ·
Everyones #1 complaint

I have replaces several low beam bulbs. I was told by my shop that the lights come right off the alternator. ANY variation in the voltage kills the bulbs. I am considering changing over to LED.....would love a set of Bi Xenon lamps that were an option in some countries

#14 ·
Everyones #1 complaint

I have replaces several low beam bulbs. I was told by my shop that the lights come right off the alternator. ANY variation in the voltage kills the bulbs. I am considering changing over to LED.....would love a set of Bi Xenon lamps that were an option in some countries

#15 ·
Everyones #1 complaint

Don't go for Xenon. The ballast are very expensive and the light throw isn't that great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.