Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have Suzuki Jimny Sierra 1.3, just had engine overhaul, fuel pump and filter changed, when the engine is hot or used for long period, the idle suddenly drops and engine dies, you can restart but when on idle the the engine drops and looses power, I just had engine diag done and no issues on the computer box. The TPS was checked and no issue found, new sparkplugs and sparkplug wires.

Anyone knows what could cause the problem?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my sierra. It even stalls sometimes after i try to restart. I find it is worse on Hot days (I live in the Cayman Islands so hot days are often). If anyone has had this problem even with the samurai it would help. I wouldnt think its good for the engine and hope to get it fixed soon :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If it was my samurai I would say its the hot idle compensator. Since you have a TPS, then you don't have a carburetor though. I'm sure your vehicles probably have an intake air sensor and intake augmentation valve on them to compensate for hot idle temperatures. check to see if the sensor is functioning and that the intake hot idle port isn't coked up and sticking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts