Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when i was driving my samurai to work i downshifted just before i reached an inclined road and my engine started to lose power. i would feed it more gas but nothing would happen and sometimes it would get worse so i would let off the gas (kinda felt like the carb was flooding the cylinders with too much gas). later down the road it went away and as i was pulling up to the parking lot it started doing it again. i got to work fine and parked but as i was getting all my stuff out and the car was idling i began to hear this metallic squeaking as if there was a bad bearing. i went to work and when i came back to my car and started it up again it made the same noise but even louder. turned off the car and pulled it into a garage bay and check for any obvious damage. sufficient engine oil and no contamination like water, coolant, or metal shavings. pulled the valve cover off and didn't see any obvious damage or water. there was oil present so i know there is sufficient oil pressure. pulled the belts off and checked the pulleys and they were all fine. can't really pinpoint the noise at this point because its too loud and i don't want to run the engine that long with that horrible noise. PLEASE HELP!!!

Confused Broke-anic :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts