Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined the forum after stalking it for a month. I bought an '87 tin top samurai this weekend and am really excited to make it my daily driver. The previous owner did a good job on maintaining it mechanically, but I'm currently learning to drive stick shift on it, so the clutch and engine are really taking a beating. I'm not mechanically inclined at all, so if anyone has a suggestion on a great local mechanic in the Los Angeles or Southbay area, that would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is one clean tintop, awesome find, Diego!
Don't worry too much about it taking a beating, these are really resilient little buggers.
I've put my tintop through hell for about 10 years now, and it's still as fun to drive as when I bought it!
Good luck with your new Sam!

·
Registered
80 Posts
looks sweet. but i think your front tire or tires are bigger then the rear? look at the sizes it should be 205/70/15 oem size.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm....not sure about the tire size. I'll be sure to inquire about that. I don't plan on making any changes til I conquer the shit stick. New tires and suspension are definitely on my replacement list though. Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Diego you shouldn't be having too many problems with getting it into gear and driving it, is something else going on to make you ask for a mechanic ? is it hard to get into gear ? Does it grind going into gear with the pedal fully down ? I live fairly close to you and if that is happening I would be willing to adjust your clutch for you (it's really easy to do).

Ed in San Pedro

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ed!

thanks ed! that is so nice. i was just asking for a mechanic referral b/c i don't know anything about cars. i got the car off craigslist and i wanted to see if there was anything it needed. i found a mechanic at precision automotive off yelp that had some good reviews. they are going to fix the leak that is dripping all over the front brakes. they also checked under the hood and gave me a list of stuff to replace, ie air filter, fuel filter, distributor cap. the list goes on. i think i can do the minor stuff. the clutch is actually pretty good, so i've been told. but if you don't mind, i hope i can write you when i run into problems. i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No worrries ! I had a Samurai convertible now I have a couple Sidekicks, so anytime you need just write

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts