Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As someone on here said later last week, (ill be looking for a new starter soon) welp, yep I am. I found a new Asuna starter online for a price I like. I am looking for input on this brand and or is there a better brand that y'all feel would be better?:)

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
Are you sure it's an Asuna brand starter, and not a starter for an Asuna brand vehicle?

Asuna was one of the marques that GM was using in Canada, and there was an Asuna Sunrunner which like the Tracker, was a rebadged Sidekick.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Why not just rebuild it? I had mine done for $45.00

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have never rebuilt a starter and I can get new for $70 or under. Just trying to see if it is a good brand. Rom what I can tell, it is!?

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
Which engine? :huh:
READ the intro link that I sent you. You are killing us here!

We can't help if we don't know the pertinent data.

What is the warranty offer on the Asuna brand? THAT's the key to quality. ;)

A rebuilt I assume?

·
Super Moderator
24,207 Posts
Remanufactured starters here, and Denso is a decent brand:
1991 SUZUKI SIDEKICK Starter Motor
I think that 'Asuna' is the car that the starter is applicable for, rather than the make of the starter itself. Perhaps you should supply the link to what you are reading. IMHO, there is nothing wrong with getting a remanufactured starter.....

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
That price isn't bad, but it won't be a "new" one in all likelihood. ;)

Re-man starters with a "Lifetime" guarantee are built to the better standards, FWIW.

Here are some comparable buying options...
1991 GEO TRACKER Starter Motor

An interesting sidenote. In part...

Canada Asuna Parts

Asuna is unique in the fact that it was an offshoot brand that was created specifically for the Canadian market by General Motors to combat the popularity of the Geo.

http://www.autopartsway.ca/year.cfm?Asuna

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
Re-man starters with a "Lifetime" guarantee are built to the better standards, FWIW.
Not always - I've come across many reported instances of remanufactured components from the large autopart chains, with life time warranties, being defective right out of the box - starters, alternators, water & power steering pumps.

Personally - on a starter, I'm taking it to my local auto electrician - saves me having to go hunt for parts.

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
You always have the obscure unlucky exceptions! :D

I'm talking generalities (Limited warranty vs Lifetime) re-man parts. ;)

And I guess luck is on my side, as I've experienced both and the better product has been the item that the manufacturers tend to stand behind the longest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts