Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 chevy tracker and I need to replace the rear wiper arm it does not have enough pressure on the wiper blade. I can not get one locally and cant seem to find any place online with them. Maybe i am just not looking in the right place. so anyone know where i can buy them thanks

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
First - you can try SouthWest Suzuki (Suzuki Parts | OEM Suzuki Parts | Genuine Suzuki Parts) - ask for #38821-65D00 - but - before you replace the arm, why do you think it does not have enough pressure?

The original blade length is some where in the region of 14", which does not cover as much of the glass as some folk think it should, and in fact you go as large as 16" on the blade, BUT, because of the curvature of the glass, it still won't wipe, and it gives the appearance of the arm having insufficient pressure to hold the blade in place.

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
And if you haven't already, replace the blade for a new / supple one which you will find more conforming to the glass surface irregularity.

You can also bend the arm slightly mid-way, to achieve a BIT more positive blade pressure. ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put a new blade on it and I bent it and it still wont touch the whole area that it should. some times it does then next time I go to use it it doesnt. I can grab the arm and pull it off the glass and when I let go it wont spring back all the way

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
Well, even new blades will have a difficult time flexing to the needs at YOUR current outside temperatures. ;)

Maybe the arm spring tension has just weakened, thus your search for a new one, huh.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think I fixed the issue. I bent the little arm that holds the spring halfway up the arm seems to work better now we will see when I am out in this snow storm we are getting today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.