Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still rebuilding my 1996 Sidekick 4WD XJ (1.6L) and would like to replace the engine fan as it's got a broken blade and I'd like to replace the missing shroud. The Sidekick was converted into a rock crawler by a prior owner and one of his many upgrades was a larger radiator. The fan that is in place appears to be the original fan and also appears to at some point in time come in contact with an AC hose.

Can anyone recommend a replacement fan or at least help me out with what I need to look for in the bolt pattern. Will a "universal" fan really work?

Sourcing a shroud seems to be even more difficult as the vendors don't appear to be noting the opening size, or the overall size.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
18,653 Posts
You may be the ideal candidate for an aftermarket puller fan / shroud combo that replaces the engine driven mechanical fan. They are listed by outer shroud (radiator) dimensions and depth (to fit available distance) at Jegs or Summit Racing to mention a couple of sources.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may be the ideal candidate for an aftermarket puller fan / shroud combo that replaces the engine driven mechanical fan. They are listed by outer shroud (radiator) dimensions and depth (to fit available distance) at Jegs or Summit Racing to mention a couple of sources.
Max, Thanks - I'll look at Summit, lucky enough to live about 45 mins away from their Texas distribution center. Quite a place.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I removed my stock fan not long after I purchased mine. I bought a universal electric one and it has worked perfectly with no overheating. It is thermostatically controlled as well as having a manual override to turn it off in deep water or continually on when running the A/C.
B95

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I swapped in an aluminum radiator and opted for an electric fan.
It quiets the engine noise and generally smooths it out.

Don

Reactions: Bear95
1 - 6 of 6 Posts