Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for complete lift kit recommendations for my basically stock 88 Samurai. I don't know how to weld, but am not afraid to drill and bolt. I'm looking to get about four or five inches.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
"I'm looking to get about four or five inches."
THATS WHAT MY WIFE SAID!!!

All kidding aside a spring over axle bolt on kit might be a good option, or a yj spring kit with lifted yj springs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I'm looking to get about four or five inches."
THATS WHAT MY WIFE SAID!!!

All kidding aside a spring over axle bolt on kit might be a good option, or a yj spring kit with lifted yj springs.
Any complete kits you might recommend? (including shocks, extended brake lines, etc.)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
trail tough makes a nice yj conversion kit that's bolt on for about $550 USD no shocks or springs included. If you have a spring under suspension right now you can do a spring under with stock yj's for 2.5-3 inches of lift, or put some 2 inch yj lift springs on there for 5 inches of lift. If you go spring over your kit goes up about another $800 but will include shocks, springs, and a high steer solution. If you want rediculous articulation, and have plenty of money in the budget, do the YJ spring over. If you want some good clearance and a stable ride, but have budget concerns, the YJ spring under is a good way to go.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'd do a spring under with YJ lift springs then. THat way you don't have to do any welding since the shocks will fit in the stock locations. You'll need longer shocks for the extra travel, and of course YJ springs. A heavy duty steering damper as well. Those added to the bolt on YJ kit with missing links from trail tough will probably run you around $1000. You can get away with a drop pitman arm without having too much bump steer. I would recommend a high steer solution though if you plan on running some big tires and doing a lot of offroading, it will help remove any bump steer from your 5 inch lift. I have a 5 inch lift with a drop pitman arm and I can feel a little bump steer. I have a much stiffer suspension than the YJ lift, so I don't feel it as much as you would on YJ's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts