Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost positive I have a bad distributor pickup. If I put 12 volts and ground to the pickup I don't get anything back out of the signal wire. The cheapest I could find a pickup is 150 bucks. I thought that was outragous. I bet I could get one for a jeep for a fraction of that price. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone was around Chicago. I would like to test a known good one before I dump 150 on a new one. I can't even find one in the junk yards. If anyone has a lead on where I could pick one up cheap that would be awesome. By the way my condition is a crank no start with no spark from the coil. No signal from the ECM and no signal from the ignighter. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,571 Posts
It would also help if you provided the model, engine type and year of your vehicle. :huh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that, its a 91 samurai with a 1.3. I tested it with a scope and a test light. I put 12 volts to the power wire and grounded the ground wire. When cranking I put the test light to the signal wire and to ground. I didn't get any flash out of my test light when cranking. I also checked it with a fluke scope. Set it up the same way and no signal when cranking. I have read that the ecm is often bad. I checked for signal coming out of the ecm and coming out of the ignitor. I didn't get anything from either of them when cranking. But if I don't have a signal from the distributor into the ecm I would guess that the ecm and ignitor wouldn't put out a signal. Thanks for the help. Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts