Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased this zuk and am looking for a source of parts as well as possibly a repair manual that covers this vehicle... Would really like to hear from other owners of this type of Suzuki... I am located in SE Asia... Not even sure what to call it... A Samurai? Sierra? From Wikipedia I got the JB32 designation but I am still trying to verify that via my VIN or other source...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have some more info that may be helpful... the 'coily' is an SJ80 (?) with a G13BA engine while the Samurai simply has an G13A engine... I'm fairly certain the Samurai came from the states originally as it has a Don Davis auto logo... I have had that longer and have been successful getting parts for it from the US (most seemingly manufactured in Thailand, sent to the US, then back to me... such a waste) Anyway, I'm really looking for more info regarding the 'coily' as i would like to continue to use this as my daily driver so need access to common maintenance and wear items. The 'coily' was never sold in the states so while I have tried speaking to dealers in Thailand (severe language barrier) I am hoping this version was sold somewhere in the world where they speak English and perform preventative maintenance... I've visited some auto parts sites in Australia but I'm not sure how similar if at all my vehicle is to the Jimny when it comes to the suspension. still hopeful someone out there has some ideas...

As an aside, I purchased the parts for a clutch job in Thailand for the Samurai but the pressure plate bolt holes were off by just enough that I couldn't get it on... that normal? or did I just buy the wrong part? Is it advisable to 'make' it fit? the new clutch disc and throwout bearing were identical to the old parts so I just used them with the old pressure plate (which wasn't in bad shape)...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts