Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
ohhh ok, now I understand. Your dash pad look bad, I'v never seen one so warped. how did that happen? sun, water, both??

well you can try to find one at a salvage/wrecker yard. but honestly, your better off finding another samurai, and leaving that dash as-is. but thats just me. good luck!

·
Registered
212 Posts
The interchangeability of these two dashboards is a simple re/re.
There are however some things to watch for.
The tach u have will sit in the same place but the plugs for your existing tach will only work on your tach so u will have to exchange those.(tachs I mean) Not hard to do but u should kno that before u replace your round hole dash with a square hole dash.
You also need to kno that the VIN number is attached to the dash with pop rivets and if you ever have to have the 4x4 inspected, most will need to know where the VIN from the donor is now. You ofcourse will have changed them over to match the regi for your existing Sami. Don't ask how I kno.
Follow the advice of the other fellas, get another sami or go to a salvage yard. Some will tell u that the cost of a dash in good shape, removed from a donor will cost almost as much as a complete donor Sami. Again don't ask.
Some fellas get a couple other Sami owners to go in on the deal as nearly all Sami owners now recognize they are driving 20 to 30 year old vehicles and need parts more and more frequently.
If you belong to an offroad club there may be a fella in it that will have a dash for sale that u can 'organize' out of his possession.
Any rate, while u have the dash out, clean out the leaves and detritus from the top of the heater core. Thank me later.
Good luck with the changeover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts