Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic says I wish to purchase and build a sammy... but unlike quite a few others I want minimal lift, Drop even, I want to build a sleeper:D
I want it as fast as I can get it on a smaller budget, I've seen the VW swap info, and I've seen rotaries(really interested in these) I want f/i as well

Help? Suggestions? Ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Troy Graham built that one many years ago and it is a work of art.
But I don't think a single part of it would qualify for a 'small budget'. Even my 'sleeper' - the Stalker project - although a much less exotic build doesn't fit into that catagory. The motor rebuild alone cost more than some folks have in their whole rig.

The Stalker looks very stock, until you park it next to a true bone stock Samurai.

It was lifted to fit 31's and then lowered using spring packs I put together myself to get the lower feel and a stiffer feel. Also used Spidertrax wheel adapters to give another 2" of track width. Sounds strange (looking for a stiffer suspension than a stock Samurai) but I can take a mountain curve without hardly any body roll and it handles like a race car. It will drift...

You can check it out here:
From my personal site
and At iZook

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Troy Graham built that one many years ago and it is a work of art.
But I don't think a single part of it would qualify for a 'small budget'. Even my 'sleeper' - the Stalker project - although a much less exotic build doesn't fit into that catagory. The motor rebuild alone cost more than some folks have in their whole rig.

Well I want to pick up a donor car that runs and fab it all myself (with help of course) I think I can get an older 13b rx-7 for under $1000 an trade every thing I own for help fabbing haha

Also can anyone Identify the 13b I posted?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another question, does anyone know If I could find "real" coilovers for the Samurai? Such as those found in tuners?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
One thing us 'offroad' folks found out rather early in the game was that nobody put the Samurai/SJ/LJ at the top of their list when building kits for the aftermarket. It took us a good 10 years to actually get companies to 'compete' for our dollars on serious offroad parts.

You best bet for bolt-on coil overs (no fab required) is to get measurements on what YOUR rig needs at the desired height you are going for and then hit the catalogs at the parts stores/tuner shops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts