Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of older style ford aluminum rims. but because they are so thick where you bolt them on i need longer lug nut bolts. does anyone know where i can order these? or is it safe to drill the hole's in the rim out half way down so that my lug nuts fit in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
has anyone tried to use lug nut bolts and studs from older style ford's? since my rims are from a ford i figured if i could i would use the hardware too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It would be safer to replace the wheel studs.
Much Safer to replace the wheel studs!

Sidekick wheel studs are said to be longer and fronts vs rears are different/longer as well. Samurais (Suzukis) use a 12x1.25 stud and the OEM/aftermarket steel wheels take a 60° cone seat lug nut. Some alloy wheels may take a different style of lug nut & seat (but I don't own any alloy wheels) -- something to check.

The Costco near me now sells replacement lug nuts and has the Gorilla Heat Treated 4113?HT, stamped "12mm1.25HT" for under a buck apiece. They're the same 3/4" (19mm) size as OEM and take the same lug wrench. If you're ever gonna use chrome rims, or just want the toughest lug nut around, these are the ones for me. The "bulge" style keeps the wrench from scraping the rim. I bought a couple/three extras for trail spares.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are those longer tho? i have aluminum rims which are about an inch thick at the bolt pattern so i need the length.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lug nutz

don't know if you've figured it out yet but you can walk into any auto parts store and tell them what you've got and what you want and they should be able to order it if they don't have it on the shelf!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts