Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's not bad, of course that's just in km's. Note that these are in miles.... :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine now has just over 190.000 kms. Hope it keeps running as long as yours!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have to say that the car is good, no rust or anything else with front or engine. BUT now the 4wd light is on the dashboard, but 4wd does not work in front, shit. 😵
Maybe it's goodbye to front dif.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You might want to research the topic regarding the front diff system before you scrap your ride ;-)

Martin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, a trip to the workshop soon and check. The car may drive 200,000 km more, you never know. 😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is good news for me. Just bought a very cheap xl7 with 250 000kms and joined this forum. Very nice rust-wise, which is rare here in norway. What are your service intervals? Especially drivetrain, i religiously change engine oil every 10k kms on any car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
No more than 5k miles (~8K kms) between engine oil changes for me. If the engine is working harder, or I have more short trips, then I'll shorten that to 3k miles.
Gear oils I always just follow the manufacturer recommendations.
(Sorry, I don't know what the Norwegian portion above is. I only speak English, Canadian and Aussy, and can order beir in Rheinland) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had about 20 cars, and drive 17,000 km on engine oil, and 60,000 km on gearbox and diff.

Pål

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have had about 20 cars, and drive 17,000 km on engine oil, and 60,000 km on gearbox and diff.

Pål
These Suzi V6 engines last much better with clean light weight oil (5w-30). 3000 - 5000 Miles is what I'd recommend to avoid issues with timing chain tensioners and the world of noise and hurt that can happen when they plug up. Unless, of course, you enjoy tearing apart the front end of Suzuki's.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts

Pål
Id hate to buy one of your cars if you're doing that distance between an engine oil change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In norway we most often got the 2L turbo diesel. Which is what i have. I have no service history, other than that a previous owner got the timing belt changed at 190 000. The last owner whom i bought the car from had had the car for a year and driven atleast 35k kms without an oil change. AND the dipstick tube is broken at the base, small possibility for water, condensation and debris to get in. But the engine ran perfectly anyway and i got it very cheap so i took the chance and changed the engine oil emediately. Runs perfectly, no smoke. Next will be fix the tube and change oils in the rest of the drivetrain. Hopefully with better care it will reach 300k kms atleast.

·
Registered
119 Posts
2013 XL-7 Limited 2.7 Automatic 4 WD

We have just gone by the 300,000 km mark as well, and that is in Canada, the country where cars go to die.

The drive train is in great condition with no major work being done as of yet. I use regular oil (rather than synthetic) and usually do not go over 4,000 kms between changes, and always a new filter. That might be cautious, but I find it is worth the effort to maintain longevity. I have taken great pains to ensure it never overheats by replacing hoses and the electric rad fan at the first sign of erratic behavior.

All in all, it is a great vehicle, the interior is still in good condition, and the exterior is very respectable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts