Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rig is a daily driver and is a 1995 geo tracker canadian 1.6 injected 2 door tin top 4x4 3l30 trans 4.3, 12 bolt 26 spline ring gear rear. so i have ordered an arb for the rear so i want to now get something like a lockright for the front. i have been reading for weeks till my eyes are falling out of my head. 4wheelparts.com has a unit for my front (maybee) sj 410-22, cost about 260.00. question, is this right, will this work for me,is my front a 22 spline. all valuable input is appreciated. no lincoln or luchboxes. i will get out and lock in the fronts when it gets that bad. no rock crawling or 4 or 5 trails. tanks alot yall, jim, kingman,az

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
A 95 Vitara/Sidekick would have been 22 spline front, and so should a 95 Tracker - and if I'm not mistaken - lunchbox locker describes a lockright.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have called a few vendors and even those who specialize in ring and pinion only stuff and they dont deal with us or as one girl said i only know whats on the application sheet in front of me. most dont really know.culd be an expensive experiment,. rock auto and all the rest dont know really. opening up the dffs to look is a big deal on these cars. thanks for the input as usual you gys are great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have called a few vendors and even those who specialize in ring and pinion only stuff and they dont deal with us or as one girl said i only know whats on the application sheet in front of me. most dont really know.culd be an expensive experiment,. rock auto and all the rest dont know really. opening up the dffs to look is a big deal on these cars. thanks for the input as usual you gys are great.
Reason your having a hard time finding a front locker for a tracker is because it is a really bad idea to lock the front of these trucks, the nature of the ifs stuff makes it really weak on the cv shafts and also the weak aluminum differential and third member, you will spend more time fixing your truck then wheeling it if you lock the front (replacing cv's and busted differential housings) .

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
i have called a few vendors
Yes, but did you try to speak to the owner or Technical Guru at the source?...

:)

That's your best shot, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts