Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Lock-Right Lockers in the rear of their Samurai?

I have mine installed any they really POP.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I love the eff out of my lock rite. I hear it ratchet around tight corners or when pulling into a parking space but I got used to it quickly. I will rarely hear a POP when accelerating around a corner, but its rare. IMHO the advantages really outweigh this, they are dirt cheap, very durable, perform as they should and require no machining to install.

I know there are a lot of threads about different oils you can use to muffle the sound. I use an ARB in the front and I might have one in the rear to if I were in a hurry to spend the extra $1300 or so, but I like having one in the back that knows when to lock and unlock. IMHO a front must be selectable. At this point I believe the selectable in front and lock rite in the rear is an ideal combination, or at least it works exceptionally well for me.

What wt oil are you using?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, All is well. I had one in a previous Samurai; but that was a few years ago. I'll get use to it:)

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have had mine installed for thousands of miles and 3 years, everything from rock crawling to highway use. I've heard it pop less than a handful of times but frequently hear it ratcheting. If your hearing a lot of loud pops I would be concerned, otherwise it sounds like normal operation.

This is my 3rd lock-rite setup, first one in a Samurai (Toyota diffs) and it works the same as the others. I'm a huge fan of all things durable, effective, cheap and easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts