Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. was wondering if parts from suzuki LJ or SJ series vehicles interchanged at all with the carry? looking at lockers for the rear axle, transfer case and transmissions swaps, etc. i did a search here but had zero results. any help/guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings! What are LJ &SJ?
Mindanao is off limits to U S personnel.
Make sure they pay the tax (import) on the vehicle, go to LTO and see before U pay! get copy's of ALL tax payments, and make sure they are computer generated as hand written, typed are no good. There are several thousand here that they did not pay the tax, so no registration.

what ever U weld up is possible here, but after market items are unknown.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. my "US personnel" days are long behind me. now here as a retired nurse. met a great gal awhile back and just married a month ago. i'm not anywhere near the trouble areas of the island, but i still practice all my situational awareness skills. my wife, btw, has a brother in Cebu and we'll be contacting him if i can't get the right deal for a carry here. i know that Cebu is a real hub for the carry vehicles as well as expats from all over the world.

i was hoping that the old Suzuki LJ (1970-early 1980's) and SJ (early 1980's-mid 1990's) that had the Samurai name in the US, shared at least some mechanicals with the Carry sold here in the PI. i've been looking at one that has the 2 speed transfer case and lockout hubs that would really be sweet to have here where i am up in the low mountains. having more than one type of vehicle to research that could share spares and repairs just makes things easier.

thanks and good to meet you here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts