Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone where I can get the gas tank skid plate/hanger for a 95 side kick?

The support rods on mine are rotted away.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

Thanks
Find a welder to fix the support rods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got it. Minnesota. 2 door jx 210k miles and it runs perfect but im losing it to rust. The gas tank fell off. Oops! Is that a problem? Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing is the fuel gage sending unit. All I need is the gizmo with the two wires attached for the gage not the whole contraption with fuel lines coming and going. For such a small vehicle these tings sure are complicated....

Its # 9 on the parts chart.

·
Super Moderator
24,450 Posts
You got it. Minnesota. 2 door jx 210k miles and it runs perfect but im losing it to rust. The gas tank fell off. Oops! Is that a problem? Lol
Funny, and I had somewhat of a similar problem - I got the gas tank, plate, fuel pump and float (your #9 gizmo) for $90 out of a junkyard, in really nice condition.
If your rust is that bad under the car (and I can commiserate) you should really check your frame and cross members, especially by the rear suspension. I have had my frame welded a few times (in different places) but the initial problem was at the rear of the car.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ant tin knocker (SHEET METAL SHOP) can make you up a new skid plate or if your handy make up your own. fuel tank.jpg

This is the old Bluenose fuel tank replacement, it works in a pinch.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Thanks

Low range off road sells aftermarket skid plates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts