Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have an 87 samurai and it has the original ignition coil. Also there is this little capacitor/battery type thing right above it and one of the wires coming out of it are about to break. What is that thing called? and where can i buy one? Also is this a good coil to buy? and if i get it can i just eliminate that little thing above it?

JEGS Performance Products 40105 JEGS High Energy Ignition Coil

Quick side question, i find contradicting answers when i search. What is the correct plug gap for a carburated 87 samurai? I read somewhere .032 so that's what i gaped them at, but i have also read where it says .027-.031 what is the correct gap? Thanks :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hi, i have an 87 samurai and it has the original ignition coil. Also there is this little capacitor/battery type thing right above it and one of the wires coming out of it are about to break.
Its usually called a condensor, you should be able to pick one up at any auto factors. Personally i wouldn't bother with the high energy coil, the stock set up in good condition is more than adequate. I would also be concerned about running a high energy coil using the stock igniter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts