Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm reseaching the '07 SX4 GYB 4sp 4x4 2.0i known issues as I'm considering purchasing one; I'm in Australia. Is there a post with a list of known issues for this year car?

From my searching the following seem to be reoccurring in posts:
  • Alternator
  • Engine stalling
  • Differential plate
What else should I look for on these vehicles?

Cheers!

·
Registered
838 Posts
there have been several threads about frozen/worn out rear driving shaft CV joints.
2.0i....is that gas or diesel ? The gas J20A has been reported with a few chain tensioner issues.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Its Australian, its going to have issues hahahaha:p

*runs and hides*

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
biggest thing is check the maint history. Sadly these things are reliable and people don't do the basic scheduled maint, which lets the car down.

most failures are from lack of checking things. CV's are a common issue, especially on something 10 years or more old. they don't last forever, and a small split in a boot goes unnoticed and dust gets in, making grinding paste. Alternators, they die, they have moving parts and brushes and they do wear out.

when was the last time you changed the diff oil in your current vehicle? Suzuki recommend every 45,000 kms.

if it drives nice and sounds ok, get it checked over by the AA and do a full fluid change when you buy it.

Cars dying from "old age" are rare beasts, its lack of basic maint that kills them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts