Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car for some reason keeps going into limp mode. 2006 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 16V.
Code shows "ff,00,21,06 please refer to manuel". Cant find anything in the manuel that says anythubg about it.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,983 Posts
What are you using to read the code?

The 2006 is OBDII compliant and must divulged a standard code..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Launch tech 2 scam tool. Compatible with almost every port known. Have no idea why its showing this. Even on our other scan tools it just shows an irregular DTC. No p code or description.

What are you using to read the code?

The 2006 is OBDII compliant and must divulged a standard code..

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Even on our other scan tools it just shows an irregular DTC. No p code or description.
Enlighten us, what P code is it showing..??

What is a launch tech 2 ? Picture please, I have several launch but never seen a Tech 2..

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
OK, what mode are you trying to communicate,, EOBD or manufacture specific???

Try connecting via EOBD, can you scan ALL the modules?? You may have a CAN Communication issue..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Try connecting via EOBD, can you scan ALL the modules?? You may have a CAN Communication issue..
Finally got this thing to talk to me. Codes p2106, p0651, and p2138.
After finding this I put in a new throttle pedal and throttle body. Still keeps coming up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

After further inspection. I noticed on data stream everything us reading properly. It's just the throttle isn't opening all the way (probably due to limp mode). Cant seem to figure out why it's going into limp mode. Inspected wiring harness around the throttle pedal and throttle body. Everything seems fine no splits in the wires. Voltages and resistance are fine. What could possibly be causing this?

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
2 thing I would suggest, what is your MAF value and have you checked the exhaust back pressure

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
MAF is working fine. No issues there. That was the first thing I checked. And there isn't back pressure. Straight piped.
how do you know the MAF is working fine? what values are you getting, and lack of back pressure can cause issues, especially if the O2 sensor is a non heated type.

p0651 is missing or low 5v reference, which will cause limp mode, and if this reference is missing to the throttle body and tps sensors then this will account for your issues.

check the 5vDC reference to the throttle position sensor for a start before wasting money on parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do you know the MAF is working fine? what values are you getting, and lack of back pressure can cause issues, especially if the O2 sensor is a non heated type.

p0651 is missing or low 5v reference, which will cause limp mode, and if this reference is missing to the throttle body and tps sensors then this will account for your issues.

check the 5vDC reference to the throttle position sensor for a start before wasting money on parts.
I know the MAP sensor is working fine cause I can view data stream on my scan tool of all sensors. I figured out the issue. Someone else on this forum went through the same thing. Cleaned/scrubbed all grounds. Then cleaned all the connectors on the fuse box. Issue is fixed. Also this forenza has a turbo so it has a 3" exhaust. The stock O2 sensors are heated so backpressure isn't really necessary. Thanks for the help though guys. This one was an odd one.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
not really an odd one at all.

It sounds like the P0651 bad 5V ref code was the issue then? corroded grounds is a common cause of this code.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not really an odd one at all.

It sounds like the P0651 bad 5V ref code was the issue then? corroded grounds is a common cause of this code.
Very true. Just seemed odd for this car cause we just recently(about 6 months ago when turbo was put on) redid the wiring and cleaned it all. I'm assuming things started getting corrosion when the car sat for 3 weeks. It's just been working fine for about a month then this happened.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
With the poor grounds it would affect the reference voltage and could be the cause of that low MAF reading you reported..

Great that you have it rectified..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the poor grounds it would affect the reference voltage and could be the cause of that low MAF reading you reported..

Great that you have it rectified..
I never said anything about a MAF reading. It also doesnt have a MAF, it has MAP. But yeah I'm happy to have my toy fixed. Lol

·
Registered
9,983 Posts

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Phew! Now I am all straight, thanks...!!

I get easily confused these days, what with the isolation and all.. I dont even know what day it is...

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Phew! Now I am all straight, thanks...!!

I get easily confused these days, what with the isolation and all.. I dont even know what day it is...
its the third monday after the last friday today

1 - 20 of 20 Posts