Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people here have lifted these things, And I mean more than just a little 2" which mine is at now. Im thinking of going a lot more. Any1 input welcome. Jamie

·
Registered
16 Posts
tons of people have lifted these.
I am currently at 6.5" inches. With a Trail Tough 4.5" SPOA and Bonzeye 2" lift springs.
996, did you have any issues with drivelines, i.e. vibrations, modifications, replacements?? any other issues that come up when lifting that much? thinking of doing a spoa as well..

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
996, did you have any issues with drivelines, i.e. vibrations, modifications, replacements?? any other issues that come up when lifting that much? thinking of doing a spoa as well..
Any real lift over 2" (blocks are not considered a 'real, functional' lift) will require a high steer solution, a driveline solution and possibly spinning an axle or two a few degrees. Moving the front axle forward and the rear axle back helps too.;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
home made S.P.O.A. (5 inches)
lowered shock mounts (better flex)
31 inch tires

there are tons of lifts out there from your samurai. depending on how skilled your are with a welder and such you can easily get some good lift for it. for my lift the only money i spent was on the tires( $60 special used for all 4). or you can do what billjohn and alternator did and spend some money and get it done professionally. here are some great sites if your interested.

Spring over axle lift for Suzuki Samurai

Breeze Industries - Suzuki Samurai Off-Road

Welcome to Low Range Off-Road, your off-road parts and accessories source for your Suzuki, Toyota, and Jeep

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
or you can do what billjohn and alternator did and spend some money and get it done professionally.
I understand your point, and I appreciate the work you have done on your rig. But to set the record straight, most of my parts are from the Zook companies that have grown with our obsession. But every one of the installations that have gone into my rigs have been done by my own hand - usually in my driveway. I have even been lucky enough to help out with the development of some of these parts in their prototype phase. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts