Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I will probably get bashed in the head a couple of times, but I have questions about lifting my 2011 2.0 4x4 just an inch, or maybe 2 just to get a bit more ground clearance. Threads have died and just maybe somebody has new(er) information.

SX4 Lift Kit:*Suzuki SX4 Lift kit
Rocky Road - I cannot find that anybody has been completely satisfied with their kit. Plenty of complaints about struts breaking and shocks failing.
It does not seem like they updated or changed the kit since it was launched.
The camber bolt pack seems to be a positive and is included in the kit.

https://www.spaccer.com/en_AU/system.html
They claim "Your SPACCER® lifting kit is made of a special aluminum. Based on model, type and VIN, each SPACCER® is custom-made for each spring. Therefore, SPACCER® are always a 100 % fit for your car."
Cannot find that anybody tried this and the pricing seems to be way overboard.

To me it would make more sense to get coilovers an inch or so longer that is standard on the vehicle than to install spacers of any kind? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the RR lift kit on mine, been solid so far for the last two years. The only thing I notice is that if I'm braking on a really bumpy road the front tires seem to skid, like the struts aren't expanding/contracting fast enough to keep contact with the road. The alignment seems to go off quicker as well, usually have to get it aligned once a year. It's awesome to have during the winter though, good for going over curbs when you need to :)

There seems to be a new type of welded lift being tested over at this thread The no more broken strut lift. (Some welding required)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts