Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am replacing crankshaft on 1.6 G16B engine (1998 Esteem Wagon GLX) and am grappling with the engine/transmission removal. I see a lifting tab on the exhaust manifold but I can't find anything else except a few threaded holes scattered about. I looked through the service manuals but can't find anything on this detail. Any advice on where to lift from? Do I thread a eyebolt into the threaded holes? Anyone done this recently and knows the thread specifications? I have a bunch of other questions but this is the first one... Thanks in advance. -Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well nix that question I ended using 4 sturdy ropes.
Next Q: I am proceeding down that unrecommended path of dropping or lifting engine while leaving transmission (AT) in place. My question is how much clearance do I need after unbolting flywheel from torque converter? Inches are scarce but it would be nice to have a target... TIA. -Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just to tidy things up for future forum searchers I will reply to myself!
By removing all the miscellaneous items on the front (right) side of the engine it was possible to gain enough inches (~3-4") between the engine and transmission to undo the flywheel bolts and oil seal plate to perform the crankshaft job without removing the engine or undoing anything on or draining the transmission. Given the lightness of this 1.6 engine it was easy to move around and to get it remated properly upon completion of the crankshaft/bearing/seals job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts