Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on a SPOA lift kit. I wanna buy a kit that I can bolt on as I do not weld or wanna pay someone to do so. I'd rather change the leafs as well as I wouldn't wanna mess with it twice as the current leafs don't look to promising. Also, are there any other alterations I will have to do. I wanna put on 31's.
Is there a spoa lift kit that anyone recommends. There are a few out there but I can't seem to make up my mind w/o others opinion.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Samurai SPOA:*Bolt-on SPOA for Suzuki Samurai

I have a few buddies with this kit, no issues with it for them.

I personally would weld it because I like to have peace of mind and not have to worry about bolts and crud breaking.

ALSO, to run 31's you can get a 3" lift leaf spring and not go SPOA. Less axle wrap and more stable, less having to deal with additional parts to make everything ride smooth (i.e. steering)

I would definitely get a drop pitman arm or Hi-Steer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I just may go with the 3" leafs. If I do it that way do you still recommend the hi-steer?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would always reccomend hi-steer, at least a stage 1 kit.

However, it depends on your driving style. You may not need it. 3" leafs will be easy to install and give you the lift you need.

Here is a picture of my buddies on 3" missing link and 33" Thornbirds

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks good but I think I like the looks of the spoa better. Anyway I'm still going with your advice with the 3" springs as it will be mainly a vehical to show around town with. I'll do the high steer also.
I also ordered a slightly used set of Con Ferr front and rear skid plates and a mighty kong transfer case should these change the way I lift the Zuke?
Next it tires. I said I'd like 31's but how wide is it safe to go with and what brand would you recommend. I'm a fan of the BF Goodrich all terrain. I need something that would be suitable for beach sand and road. Sorry so many Questions but I'm new at all this and thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Going spoa you will gain 3 or so inches along with the 4" there should not have an issue with clearing 31s.
I used toyota axles and trail toughs bonzeye yjs and clear 35x15.5x15s but have to run a spacer to clear my steering arm.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ran into an issue... almost everything is done but the front stablizer. It won't go into place is there a adaptor I can buy to mount it back to where it goes in the front?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts