Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SX4, Hatchback AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,

I am trying to get my 2007 AWD hatchback road worthy. Currently I am having engine issues but once those are complete I would like to put a lift on it. I know it is not a truck but where I am at I get some really good snows in winter and in Spring, Summer and Fall I take advantage of the Wasatch Front of the Rockies to hike and fish. To that end could someone provide some practical knowledge and experience with the following questions:
  1. Is there a lift kit that I can put on at home, without power tools that does not require any modifications other than the kit installation?
  2. Of the kits out there are there any that still provide a good ride or just doesn't really affect the current ride?
  3. With stock rims and no lift are there any "light off-road" tires available without modifying the car?
  4. With a 1.5 - 2" lift and stock rims what are my tire options?
Again I know that this isn't a Toyota Tundra TRD or similar but I don't need that, just would like to add a slight upgrade to fun little car and improve the handling in all conditions.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hola,

I am trying to get my 2007 AWD hatchback road worthy. Currently I am having engine issues but once those are complete I would like to put a lift on it. I know it is not a truck but where I am at I get some really good snows in winter and in Spring, Summer and Fall I take advantage of the Wasatch Front of the Rockies to hike and fish. To that end could someone provide some practical knowledge and experience with the following questions:
  1. Is there a lift kit that I can put on at home, without power tools that does not require any modifications other than the kit installation?
  2. Of the kits out there are there any that still provide a good ride or just doesn't really affect the current ride?
  3. With stock rims and no lift are there any "light off-road" tires available without modifying the car?
  4. With a 1.5 - 2" lift and stock rims what are my tire options?
Again I know that this isn't a Toyota Tundra TRD or similar but I don't need that, just would like to add a slight upgrade to fun little car and improve the handling in all conditions.

Thank you
I’ve got a 2009 SX4 hatchback without a lift that I do some light off-roading in, and I’m running General Grabber 215/65R16s on the stock rims with no rubbing. They’re great in in mud and snow! I live in Idaho and never had any issues in the winter plowing through the snow. They are a very popular upgrade for SX4 owners who use their cars off-road. People also use Yokohama Geolanders in the same size. They’re a little less aggressive than the Grabbers.
As for lifts, I know there is a kit offered by Rocky Road Outfitters that’s got some good reviews from people in another SX4 forum I’m on. I don’t have first-hand experience installing it, but from what I do know, it’s a pretty straightforward spacer lift. I’ve heard good things about the ride quality too (again, not first hand experience, but for what it’s worth). Hope that helps a little!
These cars are great little adventure vehicles!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts