Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really sorry to start a new lift thread but I've scoured through all the others and I can't find the specific information/advice I need. For a bit of background, I have an original GV (2002) that is set up for more serious off roading and I have a 3" lift kit from Jimnybits on that (which is excellent). I've recently purchased a 2008 GV DDiS 5dr that I want to lift but only for ground clearance (and looks I suppose), I don't need extra articulation as I won't be doing any serious off roading in it.

So my question is, if the lift is literally just for ground clearance, do I need to get a kit with the rear springs and longer shocks or can I just get one of these types of kit which use rear shock spacers and rear spring spacer? It's obviously cheaper (less than half the price of the kit with springs and shocks).

Can anyone see any obvious reason why not to go with the cheaper option?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
lack of travel on the shocks....any lift will need longer shocks as articulation angle will change, you will also need camber adjusting bolts as your alignment will change

save your money, its a DDiS, you will need it for repairs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit pictured does come with camber adjusting bolts (they're just not in the image), I'm aware that they are required as I have done a lift previously. The point is, the kit includes rear shock spacer brackets so the shocks should have just as much travel as before the lift. The travel will just take place higher up. Although thinking about it, it would probably need bump stop extensions or it could, in theory, damage the shocks if a rear spring compresses past the furthest point of travel of the shock...maybe those should be included in a kit like this?!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
if you compress it that far bump stops will be the least of your worries, it means you have dropped it from a decent height. If you have shock spacers then fine, it just lifts everything. Shock spacers are Illegal here but may be perfectly fine where you are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts