Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

My name is Anthony, I am new to this site and I am hoping to get some help about what I want to do to my 1997 sidekick JLX sport (4door 4wd 5sp). I am wanting to lift it up so I may fit some bigger tires (245-70-17) under it. I am seeing there are plenty of lift kits out there, some with just spacers and some with springs. I have been looking at the OME 2.5 lift since I have no clue when the shocks or struts were last replaced on this vehicle but I am getting confused due to some of the info I have been finding. Is the OME 2.5 lift not a good set up or are people just not happy with rocky road outfitters (bad customer service?) ? Isn't the 2.5 lift offered by low range offroad the same OME kit sold by rocky road outfitters? I only ask this because I see where people are advising others to buy from low range offroad instead of rocky road. If anyone can give information on this I would appreciate it, I would like to get my sidekick lifted during this summer so I can get tires before winter. Also this vehicle will spend most its time on the road but will get some mild off roading just incase people question what my intent is with the lift.

Thanks for any help

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
To the best of my knowledge OME does not offer a lift kit for your vehicle, so anyone advertising such a product may be misleading you, or you may have misread their advertisement - you can confirm this with the folks at ARB, who, by the way, will be happy to answer your questions, and advise you on what fits.

What OME offers are shocks & struts with longer travel and a selections of springs designed to increase the "payload" capacity of the vehicle - you do get a slight increase in ride height, no more than 1½ inches.

I believe the kit at Low Range Off Road is a spacer lift, rather than an OME based lift, however they can supply OME gear, and in fact, that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I understand that the OME suspension parts aren't technically a lift but as you stated they do increase ride height. What set up did you purchase from Low Range Off Road? The 2.5 set up I saw on their site looked to be the same as rocky road outfitters ( OME struts, shocks, springs and spacers). My two main questions are is the OME parts good quality for my suzuki and is rocky road outfitters not as good as lo range off road for a certain reason ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the RRO 4.5" kit on mine, OME struts/shocks/springs, and 2" body lift. Not sure how they are now, but a lot of people complained about them being slow to ship, or saying they had items in stock and they in fact did not. Although I got mine several years ago with no trouble.

I am running 245/75/16's and had to do some trimming and "pursuading" to keep the tires from hitting the rear of the front fender wells. I am also running 1 1/2" wheel spacers to help with clearance. It is an ok setup and flexes fairly well, but I would prefer a softer ride. It is pretty harsh, especially in the rear. Not sure if it is shocks or springs causing it. I haven't taken the time to pull the shocks and drive it around to find out.

Sean at Low Range is top notch to deal with. I have bought several items from him as well. Trail Tough now makes a kit for Track/Kicks that is supposed to ride really nice. These guys know their stuff when it comes to Suzuki's as it is all they do....

http://www.trailtough.com/index.php...ategory_id=47&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

·
Registered
621 Posts
avoid rocky road like the plague. also xtreme zuks offroad in tampa, fl.

sean at low range offroad has gotten my last four purchases. he will get the next one too most likely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts