Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. Never had a problem with my Liana until I went to sell it. Started revving up and down. It has an m18a motor 1.8 litre. Have changed map sensor, no change. Apparently scan code was inconclusive.. suspected manifold gasket but wasn't. Any ideas? I have been trying to find a repair manual to download.. I cant find a thing!! Please help.:confused:

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
This is known as hunting, can be cause by a mirade of errors...not fixable by throwing parts at it...
What are the O2's doing and what are the FT's at idle/warm..?

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
year? engine?, and check for small splits in the vacuum lines around the inlet manifold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I need to be more specific. I have just been reading some more posts.
I have the 1.6 l engine. 2002 manual.
Car starts and drives fine. Then all of a sudden it will rev up and down for maybe 5- 10 seconds , have power loss and shut down.
This might happen after 10 minutes of driving, or 20 minutes of driving.
I have replace the alternator as it was providing low volts, the battery, and now the map sensor - still does it.
It's an Australian car and doesn't support my obd2 scanner.. so i have to pay $120 for a dealer to tell me the code.
From what I read it might be a Crank angle sensor
Throttle position sensor
Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Borrow a scope, and record the CAM/CRANK signals, may be heat triggering, try applying a shock of cold water to the sensors when in error..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts