Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new here so go easy on me please esp my spelling and grammer are not the best.And sometimes the way I explain things

So Before I go and take fuel tank out of my car some helpful tips would be great.

I shall give you a bit of history first about whats been happening with the car hence why I want to remove tank and inspect.

Sometimes the problem starts around at half a tank of fuel when driving but mostly when its at about a quarter and below.
What happens is the car is gutless all of a sudden and and will hesitate mostly at slow speeds or esp after I have parked it on a slight sloped angle.
Before I went away on holidays I brought some fuel cleaner and put that in the tank it ran well until nearly empty.But felt better all round with driving at diffrent speeds even when it was low on fuel it did play up but not as bad as.Just recently its been playing up again and the tank is near empty.So i would like to remove tank and a check fuel filter,pump and tank and give it a good clean out.

Can some please give me some advice of how to go about removing tank.I have been trying to look for a workshop service manual but cant seem to find a trust worthy website.And the other thing I cant for the life of me work out what service manual I would need.All i can workout about the car is it has the m18a engine its a 2005 model liana hatchback with vvt on the side.
I see when looking at manuals on the web there are different series different numbers eg like rh series what does that mean?is that right hand drive?or RH413 OR RH416 are these numbers in relation to the engine? because I have the m18a engine does that mean mine is the RH418?

When taking the fuel tank out should I disconnect any relays fuses or anything else under the bonnet?
And will there be much pressure in the lines?

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying the sooner I get this car going again the better.

Gaza

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Just had a look at the manuals and the RH418 one is just a supplementary manual covering the differences from the smaller engined models. The fuel tank section is blank indicating it's the same on the RH413 or RH416. If you found a working download link then use that, it you get stuck I'll upload a copy. Yes they will recommend removing a fuel pump relay and running the engine until the pressure drops.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuel tank

Thanks Darrell

If you could upload what I need to do to remove the fuel tank that would be much appreciated. I did search yesterday for quite sometime for a workshop manual.And researched on the websites providing the manuals some people have been scammed.
So if you have a secure website you trust for a download that would be great if you could pass it on.I think in the uk manuals are easyer to find on the web rather than here in Australia well concerning this car anyways.

Thanks for your reply

Gary

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I've spend many hours, days, weeks searching for manuals. Some are very illusive or just non existent on the net. So many sites send you around in circles and then want your money after saying "free download" :mad:

Not to worry, I have this one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Liana 2005 like it wants to stall

So I ended up removing the fuel tank the tank was rather clean maybe a touch of condensation and some Flecks of dirt not many at all. when I cleaned the fuel pump assembly with air some dirty fuel came out brownish colour. Fuel filter looked clean. I replaced anyway cleaned tank planes injectors the spray pattern looked good when I cleaned them discoloration of color was found when cleaning injectors.

I Purged the evap canister as stated in the workshop manual and it looked like oily fuel mix came out of the evap canister. After a few times no oil came out only air , could this cause problems?

I put fuel tank back in. I put 20 l of fuel in and a bottle of fuel injector. The car started up fine as it always has. I drive about town for 30mins or so and the car stalled around a corner.

Unfortunately I'm still having the same problems the car almost stalls going up slights Hills in second gear round 50 Ks per hour or going around a corner, roundabout. Sometimes the car is fine.

What could the problem be what should I check or replace?

There is a slight leak with the top cover gasket could this cause problems?

There are no lights warning lights on the dash , not sure if mechanics scanner check would work unless he drove it around for a while, but that could be a costly process esp if the car was driving fine which happens occasionally.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry had to fix some wording up.

So I ended up removing the fuel tank the tank was rather clean maybe a touch of condensation and some flecks of dirt not many at all. When I cleaned the fuel pump assembly with air some dirty fuel came out brownish colour . Fuel filter looked clean. I replaced anyway with new fuel pump and filter. I cleaned tank and injectors the spray pattern looked good and no discoloration was found when i cleaned the injectors.I replaced rubber o rings.

I Purged the evap canister as stated in the workshop manual and it looked like oily fuel mix came out of the evap canister. After a few times no oil came out only air ,
could the evap canister cause problems with car wanting to stall?

When I put fuel tank back in. I put 20 l of fuel in and a bottle of fuel injector. The car started up fine as it always has. I drive about town for 30mins or so and the car stalled around a corner.

Unfortunately I'm still having the same problems the car almost stalls going up slights hills in second gear round 50 Ks per hour or going around a corner, roundabout or 3rd gear through a round about 50-60kph it used to be able to do this fine before the problems starting happening Sometimes the car is fine.
I'm am yet to try what it is like at 100kph
What could the problem be what should I check or replace?

There is a slight leak with the top cover gasket could this cause problems?

There are no lights warning lights on the dash , not sure if mechanics scanner check would work unless he drove it around for a while, but that could be a costly process esp if the car was driving fine which happens occasionally.
I have new spark plugs ,and top cover gasket but havent installed yet
Thanks for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts