Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got bored today and went bought some led to put under me dash to light up the floor boards. ive installed them and they work but they stay on all the time. are they supposed to? :confused: i ran the wires to a off/on switch i had for some fog lights but took those off,used them for the led's and now they just stay on all the time no matter if the switch is on or off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think its just wired up wrong, make sure that your 12 volt is not going direct to the lights through the switch, or if it comes down to it, try just getting a new switch, if it was used before, it can verry well be that the internals are not functioning correctly...another thing make sure the switch was grounded properly, it could be that too, your best bet is to find a good solid metal screw and it should work fine!!!

hope it helped!! let me know how it looks, ive been thinking about interior lighting for my car!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i was talkin to my small group leader and he said i can try to wire up the positive for the LED's to the neutral on the switch. i have 3 prongs on it..one pos, neutral, and a neg. i think i might have just wired it up wrong. ima go try and see if that will fix it. they look really good at night though man. u should get some :]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i jsut rewired them...in the dark...LOL but it is well. they work right now :]]]] they turn off and on with the switch now. looks great

·
Registered
63 Posts
yea i though that could hav been the prob....im still thinkin bout it dough, plus after the HID conversion and big posibility of a faulty O2 sensor so im kinda watching my wallet now lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
i wired mine up to the wires for the light in our ashtray. (did you know our ashtray has a light?) lol.
anyways, the light in the ashtray only comes on when we turn on our headlights, so by wiring the LED's up to that power source, the LED's come on when i turn on the headlights. =]
it's simpler than installing them to an on/off switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts