·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

i just bought these

but havent been able to install.
i have connected the red wire to the internal button like this

and grounded the black wired to the screw that holds the switch in but when the door is open the led does not turn on - it will only turn on when i press the button in i.e when the door is closed (go figure)

i have tried to reverse the wires but it hasnt worked

any help would be great guys

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Krayzie,
Did you get your LED door sill scuff plates working properly? I just bought the exact same pair and am wondering how to install them? can you tell me how you eventually got them working please? Thanks a lot

·
Super Moderator
12,184 Posts
You cannot wire the LED scuff plate to the door switch in that manner - the door switch shorts the wire to ground when the door is open.

Connect the red wire to a +12v feed and the black wire to the door switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Fordem, my car does not have a visible switch on the door that tells the car when the door is open, I think its a sensor or switch on the inside of the door connected to the lock somehow. Would I connect the red wire to a +12V and the black wire to whatever wire leads to the door lock sensor?? Would this work?

·
Super Moderator
12,184 Posts
I've never seen a car with the switch on the door - it's always been on the body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys. First Post here, but I am a long time modder of sorts, and hope i can bring a bit of knowledge to yall.

Anyway, From what I can tell from the pictures, That is not an LED rather an EL plate. As a computer modder, I am very familiar with EL wiring and that particular type of connector. Did the package include a transformer? From what i can tell, you will need the transformer to up the voltage in order to run them. You can pick them up in several computer modding websites such as Frozencpu, Performancepcs, or Xoxide. included with the transformer is a pigtail for running a momentary switch.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Positive wire needs to go to Battery and the negative wire goes to the Door switch.

Can you tell me where you got them from and can you get 'em for a Grand Vitara?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts