Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I want to fit an extra flashing led to my 1995 Vitara to supplement the one with the alarm, I dont want to fit it in tandem but I want to fit it so that it comes on each time I switch of the ignition, but I cant find what becomes live, only when the ignition key is removed, hope this makes sense.
Regards Tony

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LED alarm

Thanks for your reply but the trouble is the existing car alarm isn't working so I just want to rig up the dummie led so that it comes on when the ignition is turned off.
Thanks Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not working or not connected? If the alarm is receiving power, you can still vamp clamp the hot wire on the exsisting LED. If it's not receiving power you could relay off the battery to disconnect when the relay receives power from the ignition sense. When the ignition is powered off it'll trip the relay to provide power from the battery. There's an Alarm, Stereo and other electronics installer somewhere on this site, hopefully he'll chime in and give a much better explination or proceedure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
man for 30 bucks you could put in a working alarm a cheapo but it'd work unless you dont want a working one then I say use your trusty volt meter on your wires. the back of the fuse box under the dash is where to probee volts. and even just looking at them some are always on by their function.

though a fake led is not a deterent, dont kid yourself. hassle factor is usualy the best deterent, not pretty leds.

·
Registered
265 Posts
u should just rig a little light to a nine volt battery and put a switch on it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you MUST fit a cheapie flashing LED, get one suitable for 12V use. Connect the LED positive to a 12v supply that always has power (radio memory, hazard lights, etc) and the LED negative to the radio switched positive supply. Ignition is on, radio has power, no flashing led. Ignition is off, radio has no power, LED has ground, flashing LED.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts