Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I have a problem. My suzuki alto (1197) has a petrol leaking problem.
First of al when I bought the second hand alto. I had the feeling that it used too much petrol
it wasn't economical. I brought the car to the mechanic. he said that the petrol tank was leaking due to age. So they replaced it with a new petrol tank. I thought the problem was solved now, but it wasn't. Now the petrol was leaking from the front like hell!
they said my petrol tank cap was the problem. They tried another cap and the problem was solved. It wans't leaking anymore BUT still the car was not economical. (1 liter -max 10 KM)
I went to another garage. This mechanic told me that the petroltank cap that they gave me was really old en let air trough, so the petrol was 'flying away'' and that why the car isn't economical. So I bought a new petroltank cap. And AGAIN the petrol was flowing like hell from the front of the car. I immediately took the new cap off the car. I heard a big PSSSS like a cola bottle that you open. And yes the flowing stopped immediately.
HOW can it leak this bad with a new cap?! I don't know what to do anymore. They say that it looks like ther is too much air pressure with the new cap so the petrol is leaking like that. And with the old cap there is no much pressure so it doesn't leak, BUT it isn't economical!

here is what happened yesterday when i put the new cap on and it was leaking like hell!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Surely the pipe the fuel is leaking from should be connected to some point in the engine compartment. Can the car run with that pipe disconnected?

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
Video has been removed...

The correct cap is mean to pressurize the system, evap emissions requirement..

Please advise where the fuel is leaking..

... Philip

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gone quiet on this thread, lets hope he hasn't disappeared in flames, hope he fixed it and will come back and post the result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts