Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 suzuki sidekick sport 1.8 liter coolant pipe on top left side of engine leaking at the joint of fat steel pipe and small tube , where fat one goes go to the radiator and 3"? small one crosses the front of the engine.
So I have a delightful pin hole leak that is washing my clean rebuild even cleaner. What can I do about it? I can not find an adequate picture online that addresses the pipe just the hoses.

Another query related to searches here is , is there some way of asking a question on a subject in this channel of the forum and getting only answers directly connected to this forum . I have looked at answers to a query on 98 sport and up comes answers of others with dates and makes not related to my query at all.?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Solder it maybe?

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
Surely you have a cellphone with a camera and can take your own pictures.

You can either have someone weld or braze the pipe where it's leaking or replace it - if you're going to remove & replace, make sure you get the O-ring - be warned, if you're considering welding, bear in mind that the pipe may be corroding from the inside out, and there may not be enough material left to do a proper weld repair.

Regarding the search, you can select which of the forums you want to search if you're using the advanced search.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That there #1 is the pipe in question and that little pipe coming out is the culprit . Is there a particular name to it?
So assuming the worst that the pipe is corroded on the inside and fragile is this part relatively easy to find as in multiple years same design? There are days I wish I still worked at one of my old companies where I had access to the MiG welder anytime.!

·
Super Moderator
24,514 Posts
Part numbers (and names) are on this diagram:

This is the parts catalog for your car:

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
It was also used on the J20a engines (the 2.0 Trackers & Vitaras if you want to try a junkyard) - or try 17580-65D11 or 17580-65D0V - I'm 98% certain they'll fit - megazip.net has them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assuming the worst case scenario would it be possible to lop off the end of the pipe ,install longer hose to rad, and put in a brass fitting screwed into the larger pipe ,with yet another longer small hose to make up the distance? For some odd reason we have a lot fewer junk yards now!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just an update on trying to find said part number 1, eBay has them out of Puerto Rico and they fit 8 different years of engines. Where I live in the sprawling metropolis of Vancouver there does not seem to be anyone who carries it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts