Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started happening and it doesn't do it every time of at all.. but randomly when I'm stopped and press the acceleration it lags as if it's not getting enough gas. Any information would be appreciative. Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is the check engine lamp illuminated? If so, have the codes read for more info.

Is your idle speed normal, or does it dip too low when going from Park to Drive, or when turning on the A/C? You may have to perform an idle relearn sequence.

If not, I'd check for a dirty air and/or fuel filter, loose, unplugged or damaged vacuum hoses or electrical connections.

Does it stumble upon acceleration, then pick up? Or does it just feel as if it has little power, or as if it were in a higher gear?

Sorry for so many questions, but we need more info to help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies for my late reply. I did get it fixed at the local shop. However, I will answer your questions anyways and then relay what was wrong.

The check engine light only came on for a brief moment (roughly 5 seconds or less). Upon starting up it dipped low (felt like low power) and then gradually went back up and it dipped when going into drive. Also, nothing happen when turning the A/C on. Lastly, when accelerating it would sputter then pick back up. However, if I went over 40mph it would sputter a lot.

What was wrong:

I took it into the shop (being cautious of what was going on). The air filter was absolutely filthy. Not only this, but my spark plugs were burnt out. If that didn't put a dent in things my valve cover gasket was failing which was causing oil to leak into the spark plug chambers or whatever. I was standing there while they were checking the stuff. The chambers for the spark plugs were filled with oil. They said that's why it wasn't getting power like it should. All in all, I got the filter replaced, spark plugs, wires, and the valve cover gasket. $258 total. Wasn't as bad as I thought, considering.

Appreciate you commenting though!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out!
I totally forgot about the drowning plugs due to bad valve cover gasket (even though I've replaced mine twice already).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts