Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MY07 upgrade 1.9L grand vitara diesel

Recently it has gone into limp mode and I have taken it to a diesel mechanic who has done a dpf clean burn and also replaced a $400 turbo solenoid or some shit. I got it back $1000 later and now it goes into limp mode after a certain time or highway!!!!!
What do you recommend I do :(

It has a light on which is a box with a squiggly line through they said it is activated by glow plug control circuit or dpf.........

There were non current codes such as turbo boost, glow plug circuit i can't remember what else right now. I am taking it back to the place but wondering if anyone has encountered this and could tell me how they fixed it :(

Limp mode usually resets if I leave it for a while.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an MY07 upgrade 1.9L grand vitara diesel

Recently it has gone into limp mode and I have taken it to a diesel mechanic who has done a dpf clean burn and also replaced a $400 turbo solenoid or some shit. I got it back $1000 later and now it goes into limp mode after a certain time or highway!!!!!
What do you recommend I do :(

It has a light on which is a box with a squiggly line through they said it is activated by glow plug control circuit or dpf.........

There were non current codes such as turbo boost, glow plug circuit i can't remember what else right now. I am taking it back to the place but wondering if anyone has encountered this and could tell me how they fixed it :(

Limp mode usually resets if I leave it for a while.
Hi there i had issues with my 08 when in the first year of owning it. For the time being i think your stuck in limp mode. At my local dealer they upgraded the software and it doesnt come on as often. Next time before it goes into limp mode and if you dont have a highway close by you can always drive around the streets and select a gear that revs the hell out of it. It should get hot enough to clear it.

Thinking about your situation it might be sensor problem. I'm actually in the process of planning to have the dpf removed. Its quite inexpensive compared to the cost of a new filter as i was speaking with Suzuki mechanic and he mentioned a genuine filter can cost upwards of $6k. Mine has done 105,000kms and I need to start getting into gear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has done 140k/kms
Just waiting for the part to arrive. Will let u know

And removing dpf is illegal?? Doesn't it Voif your insurance anyways ahh hhaha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Illegal... Perhaps. But the copper behind you would have to know that Suzuki should have no smoke from the exhaust pipe. Other makes of diesel cars are getting around with out the DPF'sfrom factory.
The exhausts defect would only be discovered if it was sent to a vehicle inspection facility. The only way that woul happen is if you pissed the cop off, had some major safety problems or had a mod that couldn't be clearer at a police station.

I've just got some quotes tonight range between 500-$600 for the remap.

And insurance... No. If it's in an accident they look to what has contributed to the accident ie drugs alcohol brakes tyres suspension.
I'll post when I eventually do the mod!

Jason

·
Registered
35 Posts
I cant believe this I am currently having my car in for some glow plugs to be replaced. Suzuki here in Adelaide use the Beru's at $118 each. I needed 2. I told them to hold off and bought them (same ones) online from the UK..... $80 x4 incl postage!!!

Just got a call the sensor hose needs replacing from the DPF $395!!!!
I'm F_CKING the DPF as soon as possible. it needs to be done and is undriveable.

I am fuming!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhhhhhhhh sometimes they just want money out of you! Is it possible to get a second opinion? Yeah I love my car so much I had the turbo actuator done and it didn't fix it so now to turbo boost. Gonna be 2k later I better be fixed but at least I can drive it in the mean time

·
Registered
35 Posts
Poor you... I really have been not to misfortunate I shouldn't whinge too much.
I just love her.... I am planning a trip to the Flinders Ranges here in SA on the 5th May... Just got to have her lifted and we are off!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah Ive seen some photos it's looks awesome. I would love to hit those tracks one day :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts