Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Searching for that damn knock sensor in my Grand Vitara, got po327 and hearing Castanets ...

Thanks
Jonathan

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,650 Posts
Dont know where the sensor is, but are you getting a CEL ??

Do you have a misfire situation ? Find the root cause first..

The P0327 is a low voltage code, indicates a short to ground... This is a 5vdc reference circuit, so do not apply BAT to it..

·
Super Moderator
18,172 Posts
The code reason is:

P0327 Knock Sensor DTC Code Technical Description Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)

Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0327 Knock Sensor Circuit Low Input (Bank 1)
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

A faulty Sensor or the wiring to it won't cause the sounds you are hearing. You have additional problems to sort. Give us the vehicle history to include the most recent maintenance, accident or repair issue entertained.

Look for the Sensor location here...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It look like i have to much advance getting me some knocking noise, and i got po327 more or less the same time... the noise look like an old hydraulic valve lifter that don't have enough oil pressure. A bit like a faint diesel noise. I don't have misfire condition it look like a bad firing advance setting like if you turn a mechanical distributor until you are starting to getting knock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only issue is the AC doesn't work... and I lost the ambiant temperature sensor, probably related. No crash, no oil leak no other problem than faint knocking and Cel light on and po327 on my OBD2 reader...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which ambient temp sensor have you lost ?

Do you have a code reader or a scanner ??
Yeah have a couple obd2 reader,

For the ambient temps sensor, lost the one behind the bumper, changed it today, rusted in the plug, needed to get a plug at the crash-yard.

For the knocking... it cease like it came this afternoon, cel stopped, erased the pending code and it doesn't comeback for now... still don't know where the sensor is, but for now, look like it cameback to life, lol.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
So code readers, not a SCANNER (live data)...
Note some ECU use the ambient temp to assist in the matrix to adjust the fuel load, so the issue you may have experienced may have been a lean mixture..

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
So code readers, not a SCANNER (live data)...
Note some ECU use the ambient temp to assist in the matrix to adjust the fuel load, so the issue you may have experienced may have been a lean mixture..
EDIT: you were posting at the same time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts