Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my 2nd full set of replacement tires on my 2010 Kizashi @ 35,000 miles. Never owned a car that burned up tires like the Kizashi. Considering getting rid of the car as I can't afford to keep replacing the tires.

Any suggestions ? Considering seeking resolution under the Lemon Law.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've replaced the front tires on my 2010 at 14,000 miles! I've been looking at other Kizashi's when I can find them around here and most of them (90%) have at least the front tires replaced if not all 4. I bought tires with a better wear rating than the original garbage it came with. So far, so good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is not uncommon for vehicles built in Japan and other countries outside of the US to not be properly aligned when delivered to the lots. It's a known issue for the kizashi. If you haven't already have a reputable shop do a 4 wheel alignment. You are both past the initial 12000 mile period where your dealer is obligated to fix it. Since its a common issue it might not be a bad idea to check with them first however. I wouldn't be surprised if the alignment fixes your cars taste for rubber.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The issue is not with the alignment. The tires I replaced were worn perfectly even all the way across. That the tires were worn down to the wear bars in an extremely short period of time is the issue we're complaining about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The issue is not with the alignment. The tires I replaced were worn perfectly even all the way across. That the tires were worn down to the wear bars in an extremely short period of time is the issue we're complaining about.
than I don't know what to tell you. If the tires are evenly worn down and you're 100% certain there's nothing wrong with the alignment I don't know what the car would be doing to eat them that fast unless you autocross. It's not just the kind of tire either as ours has 14000 miles and there's no issue with the tires. There's a good number of people on the other forum with 30-40,000 miles and original tires still. strange.....

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
35000km from performance tyres is very good. You need to post up what sort of roads and driving you do. If you're driving mostly in suburban areas (lots of corners, roundabout etc) and like accelerating and braking hard then tyre wear will suffer. Keeping the pressures and wheel alignment correct is also important.

What sort of vehicles have you owned in the past and what tyres have you used? I'm sure there are harder compound tyres available, but handling and safety will be most likely compromised. ;)

BTW when I was younger I wore out a set of tyres in 17000km on a turbo 4WD vehicle. :eek: I wasn't really driving it that hard either (and spinning the wheels on sealed roads was impossible due to the immense grip.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tyre Usage

My Kizashi came with Yokohama tyres an not had a days trouble. I am looking to replace them after they have done over 78,000km of mixed city and country (more city). The car is not heavy on tyres as previously recorded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts