Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anybody experienced that the gearbox locks in a low gear?
If you drive long distances inn 6th gear i sudently changes down and locks it self in a lower gear. And then you have to stop the viehcle to get it back in buisness.
Anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I had similar problem. While driving in manual mode the cvt switched to “D” and get locked in low gear ( high rpm). My dealer asked me to drive in automatic mode to see if the problem still exists. If not it means it is a gear shifter switch and they plan to replace it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ifby TCM reflash You mean an software update then yes. My dealer told me my car had an software update and if the problem continues they will replace entire shifter .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ifby TCM reflash You mean an software update then yes. My dealer told me my car had an software update and if the problem continues they will replace entire shifter .

software update doesn't fix problem. dropping my 2012 off tomorrow to have trans replaced. this car has left a bad taste for suzuki! this is my 4th new suzuki and for all the hype i have to say they fall short. i've had paint, suspension, tires, now a transmission! All in 6 months. oh and i need the drivers seat fixed and speaker replaced. CAN you say LEMON. Good luck to the rest of you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kizashi12, what is the problem you're having with the seat? Mine won't remember the settings, and if you get out after you start the car, get back in again, the seat moves to a different position without touching a thing!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 cvt. I notice in manual 6th gear on the highway around 55-65 mph it has really no acceleration, 6th gear must be geared very high cause after 65 it really starts to pick up with little pressure On the gas. If I have to slow down for an exit or traffic to around 45-55 mph I have to downshift to 5th so I can get back up to speed quickly.
I have noticed one time while in fourth at around 4000rpm it started to downshift while going up an incline

1 - 8 of 8 Posts