Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Brett from New Zealand here. I 've just registered having been on the site a few times. I have a 2001 Grand Vitara (Escudo). 2 litre petrol J20A 4WD auto.
Model is TL52W.This is a Japanese assembled "Helly Hansen" up-spec model. I am having problems with the climate air. Display unit flashes "auto" and pumps cold air in either A/C or heater mode. Vents/flaps all work. I believe there is a mixer flap door motor which may be malfunctioning. There is a buzzing noise when the heater is turned on and then temp display disappears and buzz stops, Any good ideas or repair manual sites? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,423 Posts
We have an SQ series Service Manual set for you. There will be subtle differences it appears, as you mention that your A/C has a read-out capability that Vitara's of this era do not have. Not sure what other differences there are other than you're right hand drive.

My Files

Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
There is a buzzing noise when the heater is turned on and then temp display disappears and buzz stops
Is that the external temperature readout that you're referring to?

Perhaps post a picture of what your heater/ aircon control panel area on the centre console looks like- that should help work out what you've got.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts