Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is what my Keyless entry fob looks like..

How do I find out if I have the re-programmable one or not..

I know this has probably been done to death but some models had the Re-programmable module and others didn't...

So In an Australian 2002 XL-7, Where abouts UNDER the dashboard will I find the unit responsible for the Remote Control Door locks..

I think when I shoved my head under last.. I had a Mitsubishi Electronics Module

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but before people were saying that the Oval button ones were NOT reprogrammable.
These buttons are not oval.. but a different shape so I am wondering if it has been replaced before or not..
So if I shove my head under the dash, Where can I find the actual module to find out if it is the 03 replaceable module or not...

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
Left side under dash (above pedals) on a left hand drive vehicle. :

Your button type FOB, probably doesn't make a programming diff if the original brain box exists, is my guess.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 05 xl7 had key fob but not transponder key...if i purchase a key fob replacement is there like a fcc.serial number i should look for? Or as long as its between 04-05?

·
Super Moderator
4,542 Posts
01 and 02's are NOT programmable. You must replace the whole unit. Mine dies years ago and i have been using the key for years to lock and unlock. Works great. One twist of the key unlocks just the drivers door and the second twist unlocks all doors. One twist in the other direction locks all doors.

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
Thanks Max - that at least clears up my confusion - the document shows the remote my friend had - I thought she had an 01, I was probably mistaken.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can someone post instructions on how to program key fob to an 05 xl7:D plz

·
Registered
48 Posts
1. Remove key from ignition switch.

2. Close all doors.

3. Open drivers door

4. Insert key and turn to ON position and within 10 seconds turn
key off and remove key.

5. Within 20 seconds Close and open drivers door 3 times.

6. Insert key and turn to ON position and within 10 seconds turn
key off and remove key.

7. Locks should now lock and unlock automatically to confirm you
have entered programming mode.

8. Press the UNLOCK button on remote and locks should cycle to
confirm programming.

9. Repeat step 8 on each additional remote.

10. Exit vehicle with keys and remote, close door test remote(s).;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
This procedure worked for me. Key "Fob" Remote Model D02TB

SUZUKI XL7 2002

Model # D02TB
FCC ID M0ZD02TB
IC 2584A-D02TB

This Procedure worked for me.:D

I found this procedure on the AERIO forum by searching for my key fob Model # "D02TB".
I had to modify it by adding "Turn ON and OFF"

Note: MY PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED REMOTE WAS NOT ERASED.

So, I don't Know how to remove/erase a remote. My guess is that there is a maximum of 4 remotes.

My receiver is the one with the blue label and gray connector.

Does anyone know if the receiver that says "PROGRAMABLE" is OEM or replacement?

KEYLESS REMOTE PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE:

1. Confirm that all doors are closed and the ignition key is NOT in the ignition cylinder.

2. Open the driver's door and within 10 seconds insert the key in the ignition and turn ON.

3. Now, within 10 seconds turn OFF and remove the key from the ignition.

4. Within the next 20 seconds, push and release the driver's door switch 3 times. This is the switch near the door strike plate which turns on the inside light and indicates that the door is open.

5. Within 10 seconds, insert the key in the ignition and turn ON.

6. Now, within 10 seconds turn OFF and remove the key from the ignition.

7. Within the next 20 seconds, press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter. Hold both for at least 5 seconds. All the doors will lock or unlock to confirm that procedure was done properly.

8. Within the next 5 seconds after step 7 was complete, press either the LOCK or UNLOCK button to confirm that this process has been properly done. Now, the transmitter has been programmed.

9. Repeat steps 1 to 8 for additional transmitters.

10. Operate each transmitter to verify the programming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.