Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I came to use the keyfob to unlock my 08 SX4 today but found the fob battery was too weak to do anything. So I used the actual key to unlock my door and to use in the ignition as the plastic knob wouldn't turn unless the metal key was inserted, I also noticed a red Key symbol on the dash every time I tried turning the ignition on.
When I got home I replaced the button battery in the fob and it worked fine locking and unlocking the car from a better distance than ever before :)
But....
When I got in the car and tried to turn the plastic knob, just that red key symbol appeared and the knob wouldn't turn, unless I used the manual key as well......have I inadvertantly turned something off or is there a ritual I have to follow to get everything working purely off the fob?
I have to be honest, when I bought the car a year ago, the seller never even mentioned an actual metal key hidden inside the fob, I only found it when taking the fob apart to replace the battery....so now I'm stuck with a car that will lock and unlock off the fob, but won't allow me to turn the ignition on, unless I insert the metal key..........help please....:cool:
Thanks
Nige

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I ought to point out that I only found out today that those 3 little rubber buttons by the front doors and the tailgate work the entry? I've never used them, I thought they were for decoration......LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts