Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 kizashi and in the past week my key fob hasn't been consistently working. I haven't been able to use the lock/unlock buttons for a while but have been able to keep the fob in my pocket and unlock the door from pressing the button on the handle. However, now that will not work at all so I figured the battery must be dead.

So, I got my spare key fob and that ALSO doesn't work. I find it hard to believe that the battery on the second one is also dead, especially since I have hardly used it.

Any suggestions? Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
17,655 Posts
Start by replacing both fob batteries w/fresh ones. That's the most logical approach. ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,655 Posts
Typically no, but if you can add a pic we can better help / ID the opening procedure.

Is there a small Phillips head screw exposed on the body of the fob maybe, usually on the back? :huh:

·
Super Moderator
17,655 Posts
Is yours like shown here? :)

http://kizashiclub.com/OwnersManual.pdf

If so, see page 2-13 of the link above which has a diagram of the remote for visual / battery access reference. ;)

In part it states:

1) Insert a flat blade screwdriver covered
with a soft cloth in the slot of the remote
controller and pry it open.
57L21023
(1) Lithium disc type battery:
CR2032 or equivalent
2) Replace the battery (1) so its + terminal
faces the bottom of the case as shown
in the illustration.
3) Close the remote controller firmly.
4) Make sure the door locks can be operated
with the remote controller.
5) Dispose of the used battery properly
according to applicable rules or regulations.
Do not dispose of lithium batteries
with ordinary household trash.

Then you'll need...

·
Super Moderator
17,655 Posts
Glad to help, and here's to hoping that's all you'll need on this one. ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,655 Posts
That's good news, for if it were a programming issue, then you may have had to get Dealer intervention. Yuck! :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
where is the slot that you insert screwdriver into?
in fear of breaking something
I know, I just did mine, it feels dangerous. Get a flat screwdriver, cover it with a napkin, then pull the key out of the bottom of the Key Fob.

There is a small edge in the middle, get the tip of the screwdriver, push and twist, the keyfob should split up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It would be beneficial to the customers of vehicles if they designed key fobs that were programmable to unlock their vehicles ( one door, all doors or trunk ) once they were in close proximity of it, with out removing it from pockets or purses. It would eliminate fumbling around for it when your hands are full or it is not easily accessible. Then lock upon closing door(s).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Key fob not locking or unlocking doors

Hi all, i have a 5 year old Suzuki S CROSS.
The batter has been replaced and does not open / lock the cars.
I find myself having to click the remote several times from a far and then either press drivers door button / passengers door button or boot to unlock and lock the car.
This morning nothing worked, i had to manually open door with key.
I don't want to have to contact and auto electrician and pay.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting options they can assist me with please?

Thank you
Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts