Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , new to forum ,have had Suzuki cars & motorcycles for approx last 25 years .
I need to pick your brains !
My daughters 2004 1.3 wagon r+ kangaroos in first second & 3rd when warm at approx 3000 revs 4th & 5th OK will sit all day long at 70 without a problem have tried coils , leads & sparkplugs ,no faults logged on scan tool. Kangarooing feels almost as though ignition is being turned on & off. All suggestions welcome .
Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone , new to forum ,have had Suzuki cars & motorcycles for approx last 25 years .
I need to pick your brains !
My daughters 2004 1.3 wagon r+ kangaroos in first second & 3rd when warm at approx 3000 revs 4th & 5th OK will sit all day long at 70 without a problem have tried coils , leads & sparkplugs ,no faults logged on scan tool. Kangarooing feels almost as though ignition is being turned on & off. All suggestions welcome .
Thank you
Hi, you have just described exactly the problem with my own daughters car! I have tried exactly the solutions you have and the damn thing shows nothing on scan tool. Ive replaced the crankshaft sensor, the cam sensor, clutch, coils,plugs- not leads though. It ticks over like a swiss watch and will sit at 70mph like a little turbine, but then kangaroos down the road like you described with the ignition. Ive been told all sorts regarding the main brain thing, but still don't know what it is. Please tell me you sussed it and let me know. Cheers.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,701 Posts
This is where you need to record the drivability on a scope, rather than arbitrarily throwing parts at it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is where you need to record the drivability on a scope, rather than arbitrarily throwing parts at it...
yeah thanks very helpful. Could it be that each part was 'thrown' with good reason? It needed a new clutch anyway, camshaft sensor was actually hanging off, coils and plugs er....normally changed anyway. Shall I go on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts