Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turns out that my K6A engine has low compression across all three cylinders (90-50-75) and desperately needing an engine rebuild. Although I have an '03 Carry 4WD, I was hoping that there were enough similarities in the K6A engine as compared to the F6A that some of the internals would be interchangeable. But then I came across this:

F6A — 657 cc (40.1 cu in) (65.0 x 66.0 mm)
K6A — 658 cc (40.2 cu in) (68.0 x 60.4 mm)

Go figure!

Are there ANY components that are going to be interchangeable? If not, does anyone know where I can source K6A engine rebuild parts? Philippines? Japan? Canada? I am currently in the U.S.

Even if I sourced a good running F6A for a swap, there is no guarantee on its reliability. More than likely it too would need a rebuild, that is, unless I can find one where all the work has already been done. Of course, this would most probably make it a cost prohibitive project where I could then consider pursuing a more aggressive and popular swap.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't know if this is any help?
Suzuki Carry K6A Engine Parts

$2500 for a factory reman engine in the link above.

That seems to be the internet normal pricing.

Im thinking you can fly to a company overseas, get your parts and fly back for the price many internet shops charge :cool:

But remember... those seem to be normal internet prices... (in person is so much better) were talking maybe $700 for the same engines ready to install.

NOTE: a LOT of those internet prices are actually GOOD .. considering...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
60 Posts
Please do not jump to conclusions about needing a rebuild.
A compression test alone is not good enough. Ask your self why is the comp low, then find out.
Do a leak-down test. I Had 2 multicabs in my shop back to back with comp readings very close to what you have. They did not need rebuilds to get the comp back up within spec and running again.
Had a Isuzu diesel in last month with 2 dead cyls. Like zero comp in 2 cyls.
First tip off to the real cause was they were 2cyls next to each other.
Leak down told the story. It blew the head gasket between those 2 cyls, so the comp just went back and forth between the 2. A rare problem..true. But I have ran in to it from time to time.
That customer was one happy boy, as he convinced himself he was looking at a new motor, when it was a simple gasket replacement and true-up the head.

Test.....DO NOT GUESS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts