Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing a JX Plus model in addition to the JS and standard JX. As far as I know, I have the standard JX, but I can't seem to find out what makes differentiates the JX from the JX Plus. Does anybody know?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Plug in your location under "User CP" and tell us the year and maybe we can help. :)

A pic would go a long ways too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good suggestion. According to carfax I have a 1999 SUZUKI VITARA JX, so I guess that answers that question.

Max, I updated my location info in my profile and also tried to include a signature. We'll see if it works.

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
I have the original 1999 brochure in front of me.

The model designations offered were: JS, JS+, JLX and JLX+

what makes differentiates the JX from the JX Plus.
So there wasn't a "JX" per se, so I think you are referring to the JLX. ;)

The JLX differed only with the addition of "4-Wheel ABS", per the documentation that I have.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I think the JX designation is correct for my plain old (non-Grand) Vitara. I believe the Grand Vitara is JS(+)/JLX(+) and the base Vitara is JS(+)/JX(+). I did a little more looking around and found the specs on the NADA guides website and, according to them, in comparison here is what the JX Plus has that the JX lacks:

Comfort & Convenience:
Air Conditioning-Front
Cruise Control
Keyless Entry
Mirror(s)-Power
Power Locks
Windows-Power

Wheels:
Front Wheel Material: Aluminum
Rear Wheel Material: Aluminum

I guess I must have the Plus model since I have all those (although not sure about the wheels...)

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
You're correct. The specs that I see and gave you WERE for the "Grand" Vitara, thus the probable letter differences of the models.

The wheel differences should be an easy one. Stamped steel verses aluminum alloy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts