Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Yep! probably one of the only things on ebay, except the short shifter...that is. I'm the seller though of course...someone else will definitly let you know...or do a search and you can dig up reveiws somewhere.

Did you come here cuz I mentioned it in the auction? I'm trying to get more people to come here so hopfully its working!

Cheers,
Danny

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
colton615 said:
I just got my reno about 3 months ago and i was just wondering if this pulley would be a good buy.
Yes its a good mod to put on. I've had mine on for 9 months with no problems. Its a quality product.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
colton615 said:
is this mod hard to put in. And how long would it take
I think that depends on how good you are with tools and if you have the right tools. It would be easiest if you could get the car on a hoist to get under it, but it is possible to do it without. Mine took about 3 hrs to install and I ran into problems ...... my stock pulley was rusted on which required a wheel puller to remove it. Also I only had an adjustable wrench for the belt tensioner which was a real pain in the ass. I certainly reccommend having the proper wrench for that.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
if youve got a set of sockets and a set of larger allen wrenches, youll be fine...removing the wheel well is pretty easy. the tensioner is pretty much the hardest part, but if you're a beefy guy you won't have a problem turning it to loosen the belt and/or put the new one on. the pulley is held on by 4 allen bolts and there is a bolt on the crank that you can put a socket on to prevent the pulley from turning.

overall, it takes less than an hour depending on your tools and your mechanical know-how. this mod works more than a lot of people think(as shown on dannys dyno sheet). your a/c and power steering don't function as well as they would at idle...but when you're driving, they run just fine.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
exist3nce said:
I think that depends on how good you are with tools and if you have the right tools. It would be easiest if you could get the car on a hoist to get under it, but it is possible to do it without. Mine took about 3 hrs to install and I ran into problems ...... my stock pulley was rusted on which required a wheel puller to remove it. Also I only had an adjustable wrench for the belt tensioner which was a real pain in the ass. I certainly reccommend having the proper wrench for that.
Mine on the other hand took 45 minuets. The directions easy to follow, and a very basic understanding of cars is needed. Tools are, as mentioned, all needed. Its hard to find a tourque wrench to fit in there, and go to the low settings needed. 10' lb isn't alot
tallkid said:
if youve got a set of sockets and a set of larger allen wrenches, youll be fine...removing the wheel well is pretty easy. the tensioner is pretty much the hardest part, but if you're a beefy guy you won't have a problem turning it to loosen the belt and/or put the new one on. the pulley is held on by 4 allen bolts and there is a bolt on the crank that you can put a socket on to prevent the pulley from turning.

overall, it takes less than an hour depending on your tools and your mechanical know-how. this mod works more than a lot of people think(as shown on dannys dyno sheet). your a/c and power steering don't function as well as they would at idle...but when you're driving, they run just fine.
+1. It underpowers the accesorys due to its smaller size, but this is just at idel. Don't run your AC in stop and go, but thats a given period anyways. Over all, it does not void your warrenty, isn't very hard to install (may I sujest inviting your auto knowlagable friend over to help and pay him in beers), and helps liven the car up

side by side comparison

dyno test

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
tallkid said:
but if you're a beefy guy you won't have a problem turning it to loosen the belt and/or put the new one on.
I'm a pretty skinny guy (ever since I broke my jaw) and I got done...I'd recommend having someone put the belt one, anyone can do that while you turn the thing to give some slack.

tallkid said:
overall, it takes less than an hour depending on your tools and your mechanical know-how
+1

tallkid said:
your a/c and power steering don't function as well as they would at idle...but when you're driving, they run just fine
In theory yes, but did you actually notice this? cuz I didn't.

Also I've had an UD pulley installed since about June of 2005...the first 8 months I ran a 1,500watt maxx sound system and ever since them I've ran a 4,000watt sound system with optimal yellow top and grounds upgrade. Dimming only happens with the system up full blast (which seriously hurts your ears and chest) and my alternator was checked 2 months ago and is running surprisingly strong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts