Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I'm a new member and I'm from Toronto, Canada and I've just purchased a 2007 SX4 JLX AWD 5 SPEED MANUAL with 175XXXKM. The car is in really good shape and had all servicing at Suzuki up until 100,000. My only concern is a sound coming from the rear. It sounds like a warped rotor and its hard to explain the sound but its definitely noticeable at lower speeds. On the highway you can't really hear it but its still there. The previous owner said it might be a wheel bearing. I'm going to be doing a full maintenance when the weather gets a little warmer but I was just wondering if any of you have had this problem. It's hard to explain the noise so I'm sorry if my post isn't that descriptive. I also have the blinking AC light issue but the AC works great and is ice cold. If you guys could let me know what to check, I would greatly appreciate that. He also said that it might need a passenger tie rod. The car doesn't shake at all on the highway and the brakes stop really well. Its a very smooth ride besides the sound. Looking forward to reading replies, Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
17,840 Posts
A bearing issue IS high on probality. Rotors not so much, as there isn't contact of any major significance unless felt / heard during actual braking. The differential is another area of concern though.

Welcome aboard too! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,840 Posts
Your best bet there is to sample / examine the gear oil drainage from the diff for cleanliness / lack of debris. But better yet, do a sound ID while running the vehicle from atop a lift first off, to aid in the location source issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts